Thursday, July 30, 2009

R/C

Been working the last few days fixing up all of the R/C gear I have laying around. Completely rebuilt my onroad glow powered car. In the process I snapped the arm on the servosaver :( Going to need to get a new one to steer. However, I was able to get the motor tuned up which makes me happy. Now just need to get a car for my brother so we can race.

Also trying to organize my projects. I have way too many open projects at the moment. Got to try to focus on them one at a time and hammer away at them. Get the number down so that they are a tad more managable. Have like 7 or 8 unfinished rockets. Most of them just need to be painted. A few need some more structural work. But for the moment I am focusing on a balsa and tissue paper model I have. It is coming together alright. Haven't built one before so it is a bit of an adventure. Must say I like laser cut wood more than die cut in a kit. Hopefully can get through some more of that tomorrow. Have the tail surfaces complete, and the fuselage laid out. Next is the wing and then all the struts for the wing and fuselage.

Also found a cool program to play with. caDNAno (www.cadnano.org), for designing folded DNA structures. Also reading the Nature article describing the folding process (Nature 2006, 440:297-302)

No comments: