Monday, February 15, 2010

Picked up a blade mSR today. Tried flying it at home earlier all excited thinking that it would be a bit challenging but manageable and was disappointed. However I went to an indoor flying group tonight and tried it, and found that all I needed was slightly more space and I could fly it fairly well. Not nearly as well as the mCX, but not crashing every 45 seconds. Infact I only had a couple of real crashes, but managed not to have any big enough to break anything. Think if I make flying at this place a regular weekly event I might actually get good with it. A couple of the other pilots complimented me on my skill with it. Not bad for having just gotten the thing.

Next step though will have to be a radio with multiple model memory. Having to manually change the trim settings when I switch models kind of is a pain. Means nearly crashing a few times while getting things dialed in. Also the packets/sec on the radio that comes with the RTF kit isn't that high, while the DX6i and the DX7 series have much better refresh rates. Not a problem with the mCX, but I did notice it with the mSR. It seems to be twitching a bit and commands are slightly sluggish. Not terribly so, but enough when you consider the speed and agility of the mSR. It be a fast little helicopter. Also need to get someone to get some videos sometime too.

No comments: