Monday, November 16, 2009

Spent the weekend working on some openGL tutorial programs, and playing around with the code a bit. Did the basic stuff like drawing a circle with lines, and a spiral. Also worked on a version of a squire that you can move around the screen with the WASD keys as direction keys. Have to now take the stuff I learned from that and apply it to the simple version of Game of Life I wrote. Want to change a few things. Going to probably switch from an array of bools to a bitmap using an array of 64bit unsigned ints.

This will be important when I write the CUDA version. Also I think there is a way that I can use that directly to define the image (if each cell is represented by a single pixel) without doing a memory transfer from the graphics card to main memory for processing with openGL. Just have to read up a bit on it. That would be so critical with such large datasets, since that would very quickly become a bottleneck.

Also should get off my arse and do some more arduino stuff. Haven't done much of that lately.

No comments: