Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Poor P-51




I got in the light set for my ultra micro P-51 and realized that the stabilizers were damaged severely, beyond repair. I will hopefully be able to pick up a set at R/C Buyers tomorrow. I also realize that I really need to go through all of my batteries and figure out which are still good and which need to be tossed, and then get a bunch to replace the bad ones. Probably go with the 150 mah ones from Common Sense R/C as they have a nice form factor compared with the e-flight 150mah batteries.

I also got all of the tape covering on the Gremlin. It looks good, except it has way too many wrinkles. I hope some come out when shrinking with a covering iron, but still, not the best covering job in the world. But, it should fly, and that is all that matters since it will be my first combat event. Hopefully I can get some experience before then.



And two aircraft I really want, the Quickflick II DLG and the E-Flight UMX Beast. I will probably pick up a Quickflick in the next couple months to build. But the beast is so pretty, and impressive. The new receiver brick seems like something I should consider getting as well for a foamie or something. So many aircraft to build. I am trying to stay away from the ready made stuff, but some of the eflight and parkzone stuff is just perfect, especially the ultra micros.... hopefully one day I can build stuff just as good. Easiest might be a kit for the Plantraco hardware as a first ultramicro build. And then a foamie for the new spektrum brick. So many possibilities.

No comments: