Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rockets

Worked today a bit on my rockets. My collection of model rockets was destroyed years ago and am slowely rebuilding a collection of models. Have a bunch that are half done at the moment, in that they need all of the finishing/painting. Worked a bit on painting the scale model of SpaceShip One. It is a very cool model. I am putting a lot of effort into the painting, since that is my greatest weakness in model making. I love putting the things together, but rush the whole painting part. Which was the biggest shortcoming of my older rockets. Hopefully this will help me become more skilled with a can of spraypaint.

Also worked a bit on another kit I had laying around. I laminated the fins with paper. Not a very difficult technique, but something I haven't done before. I think that it will make the finishing much easier, as the fins are now nice and smooth. Always found dealing with the grain of balsa a bit of a pain in the arse.

Also going to put together a set of notecards with all the important launch data for all of the rockets. Should make it much easier at the field when selecting motors.

No comments: